At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
Job Summary: The Director of Plant Operations reports directly to Vice President of Operations, and is responsible for managing all activities related to operations management including the procurement, manufacture and product support for the applicable SBU’s supported by the plant; implements policies and procedures to align with corporate long and short term goals; Manages strategic planning and headcount objectives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Provides direct leadership to the functions of Manufacturing, Engineering, and Materials Management.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures necessary for orderly and effective operations and ensures compliance to all applicable Henkel policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Henkel standards for human resource management, safety and loss prevention, cost control, waste reduction, quality, and on-time delivery.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and Local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Plans, develops, organizes, and executes operations strategies that meet Henkel financial and strategic objectives.Responsible for budget planning and results.
- Manages resources to effectively balance strategic objectives with financial return (profit) and efficient use of financial assets, including working capital.Manages all capital planning and expenditures.
- Develops innovative and cost-effective methods of manufacturing, labor management, material procurement and utilization, and business processes to position SBU’s for continued growth.
- Plans, implements, and manages outsourcing and supplier initiatives & projects.
- Supports Henkel quality initiatives and leads the commitment at all levels of direct and indirect personnel to follow the ISO 9001, & IATF 16949 Quality Management Systems and ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems.Supports initiative to obtain OHSA 18001.
- Audits facility operations continuously by reviewing performance, major item variances, and other critical business elements,
- Establishes and maintains customer and other business relationships necessary for the successful operation of Thermal Interface Materials.Participates in key customer visits.
- Represents the operation at various meetings as required.
- Ensure Safety and Quality.
- Responsible for review and implementation of Social Responsibility Programs
- Maintain a clean work area with the 5-S program.