United States, Geneva, NY, Henkel Consumer Brands
Wastewater Technician 12hr Days
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Operates Dissolved Air Flotation and chemical treatment to reduce total suspended solids in effluent water Operate Belt Filter press for proper dewatering of solid sludge
- Complete daily inspections, sampling, record keeping and basic maintenance of area and equipment
- General housekeeping and organization to support safe, clean work environment and 5S Principles.
- Comply with all Henkel Safety Standards and Safe Work Practices Including PPE, LOTO, and Electrical Safety.
- Ensure that the waste water generated through manufacturing processes is properly treated using the DAF system to produce a clear discharge stream indicating that oil and grease and total suspended solids have been removed and that the chemical oxygen demand, and biological oxygen demand have been reduced
- Ensure that the waste water sludge is properly dewatered before discharging it to a dedicated roll off.
- Responsible for daily operation and observation record keeping.
- Effectively complete area PMs through examination of machinery or mechanical equipment and identification of malfunctions.
- Through the use of the site CMMS program, clean and lubricate parts and equipment involved with the wastewater system maintenance and monitoring.
- Responsible for the area’s cleanliness and safety adherence through practicing 5S principles.
- Lead and report to SHE and Engineering Department(s) compliance activity and document as it relates to building safety systems, including, but not limited to fire safety, chilled water system and boiler system, RO system, etc.
- Lead repairs and PM activities with contractors acting as the Henkel point of contact for outside services. Ensure all outside service activity related to compliance and utility applications are thoroughly documented in the CMMS system and appropriate governing body in conjunction with the SHE group.
- Act as a safety system and utility consultant for engineering projects, improvement changes, etc working with Engineering, Operations and SHE.
- Independently complete mechanical repairs, projects and improvement initiatives including by not limited to plumbing, welding, machinery disassembly, reassembly and repair validation. Act as a leader and trainer to mechanic and electro-mechanic personnel.
- Respond to and assist during plant evacuations/emergencies as part of the emergency response team & function as the FM Group Leader when required.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
The hourly range for this role is $19.38-$23.26. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in New York. This hourly range may also be modified in the future.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular