At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Researches and develops groundbreaking product technologies
- Identifies opportunities for new technology, products or performance improvements
- Leads one or multiple R&D projects critical to business
- Actively makes specialized knowledge available to the organization
Acts as an ambassador for the scientific community of Henkel Adhesive Technologies both internally and externally
- Identifies and engages valuable external partners
- Acts as responsible for new research, IP, publications, technology roadmap
- Secures IP position in own area of development
- Steers and facilitates knowledge sharing and supports project teams in solving problems
- Acts as an advisor for management and steering committees
- Contributes actively in scientific publications and forums with papers and presentations
- Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations, safety precautions, PPE requirements, and 5S processes.
- Guide and mentor junior chemists and technician as needed.
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Sciences, Materials Science, or in any other related scientific areas.
- Up to 5 years of experience in the areas of paste and film adhesives product development for electronic applications, thermoset materials, adhesive formulation, electronic materials, or semiconductor packaging is required.
- Prior experience in silicone chemistry related research and product development, Silver and copper sintering technology, optical adhesive, electrically and thermally conductive adhesive product development, film adhesive product development, nano material development for electronic application are highly preferred.
- Solid education and broad knowledge in multiple science discipline including adhesive science, interfacial science, material science, engineering and electronic industry is highly desirable.
- Individual with proven track record of success such as new technologies and products developed with commercial success, invention disclosures and patents, and published scientific papers publication in peer reviewed journals.
- The ability to work autonomously on multiple projects is needed.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
The salary for this role is $95,000- $120,000. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California. This salary range may also be modified in the future.